presidents * aren't * perfect

3/30/09

The Presidential Puke

In the category of "I wish I hadn't done that," we'll nominate George H. W. Bush for best performance of a president vomiting on a another country's head of state. On January 8, 1992, Bush was in Tokyo at a state dinner being held in his honor at the home of Japanese Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa. A video of the incident shows Bush's chin dipping to his chest, as if he's falling asleep. But the next moment he loses consciousness and topples to his left, vomiting on Miyazawa's lap. While Secret Service agents rush to help him (one leaps over the head table) Barbara Bush speeds to her husband's side with a napkin. Commotion ensues. After a while, Bush adequately recovers to stand up, smile and pump his arm in victory.

0 comments:

Archive

About Me

My photo
Yep, I'm getting to be an expert on presidential blunders. Hell, I wrote a book about one of the biggest. If you want to nominate one, or if you want to yell at me, send email to prezblog@gmail.com.