presidents * aren't * perfect

3/25/09

Worst Blunder of Them All?

Who has screwed up the most? Presidents, that is. Easy to point a finger at a number of W's decisions. Or Nixon's Watergate fiasco. Maybe Clinton's affair with Lewinsky. Hey, we've got time. Let's talk about them all. To start, some presidential scholars blame Buchanan for the Civil War. If true, I guess that might win the prize. The University of Louisville's McConnell Center conducted a Presidential Mistakes Survey, ranking Buchanan's failure to oppose secession as the top error of all time. The full survey will help get this blog started. Check it out here.

0 comments:

Archive

About Me

My photo
Yep, I'm getting to be an expert on presidential blunders. Hell, I wrote a book about one of the biggest. If you want to nominate one, or if you want to yell at me, send email to prezblog@gmail.com.